Moving In



July Update


I am officially here as an intern at Vision of Hope. The past two weeks have been so amazing. The past two weeks we had training in the classroom and also shadowing the jobs and responsibilities we would be taking over for the next six months.

As we have been training we had the opportunity of staying with a host family. It was great to get to know people in the church where we will be attending. We had lots of fun as they hosted us and showed us around the town of Lafayette. It is such an incredible blessing to see how the body of Christ comes along side you and loves you and helps you. God really has a great plan, for us to lean on one another and to meet others needs. It is amazing to be in the family of God.

We learned so much about the ministry and the different things we will be doing and the opportunities we will have to learn about Biblical counselling. We have so many learning opportunities, just being able to see counselling lived out on a day to day basis. To interact with the residents and encourage them. The staff here have been so encouraging and amazing as we face so many new things. They are such great examples to look up to and see Christ love through them and how they love and minister to the residents. I am especially excited to be able to sit in on counselling sessions and work with the counsellors and see how they bring God’s Word into the middle of suffering and hurt and how it brings hope to any circumstance.

I am very thankful, the Lord has brought all the other interns here and that we have already gotten to be such good friends. It is so encouraging to think that God has brought us all here for this time, with the same purpose. I am so blessed to be getting to know these girls and serving alongside them. They have all been a huge blessing and encouragement in my life, as we walk beside one another through this new adventure.

It has not been an easy past couple of weeks, there have been lots of mixed emotions. Fear and doubt keep creeping into my thoughts and heart. But the Lord is faithful, He has given me the Holy Spirit and his Word to guide me and also put people around me to support me. I am confident that God wants me here and that he will be faithful in using this year to grow me and stretch me, so that I look more like Christ.

Romans 8:26-28 “ In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for for, but the spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind knows the mind of the spirit, because the spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose.”



Comments

  1. Praying for you and the other interns. God is at work in you, through you, and for you. Blessings to you !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts