A New Direction




June 2018 Update

The Lord has brought me to a cross road in my life and ministry, wondering where he wants me to go and what he wants me to be doing to serve Him. I have loved my last two years of serving the children and women at my local church. He has grown me as a leader and as a person through trials and victories, ups and downs. I praise God for his goodness.

After my ministry year had come to a close, the Lord had been stirring my heart in the direction of Biblical counselling. God has been so faithful leading me and directing my attention to a ministry through Faith Baptist Church in Lafayette, Indiana. The ministry, Vision of Hope is a residential Biblical counselling home dedicated to the emotional, physical, mental and most importantly spiritual health of struggling women.

I had the great privilege to visit Vision of Hope in Indiana for a weekend in May. I was able to meet the wonderful staff and residents to see what life is like there and all the Lord is doing through this ministry. It was a great blessing to be able to talk to and work alongside the current interns.  Although the weekend was filled with fears and uncertainty it was a very eye opening experience. It gave me more excitement and assurance about the direction I am heading with the Lord’s guidance.

The Lord has ultimately decided that this is where I will be serving and studying for the next year. Although He has decided to take me away from my family and church family I have confidence in the Lord that, although I am weak, He is my strength. I have nothing to offer and yet the Lord has chosen to minister and make Himself known through my service to Him. I am preparing to move to Indiana in July to be apart of this amazing ministry and also pursue my certification in Biblical counselling. The decision to go has been filled with anxiety about the unknown as well as excitement for the new experiences it will bring and all I will learn. The Lord has been ever present and faithful through it all, and I have great hope and peace remembering the Lord’s steadfast love for me. I have great confidence knowing that it is Him who will work through me and He will equip me for all that He brings into my life over the next year.

Lamentations 3:21-25 
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.” The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him. 



Comments

Popular Posts