Searching for Gratitude




October Update

As it is the thanksgiving season, I have been reminded of gratitude. As believers, we have so much to be thankful for. Life does get hard, we go through unexpected trials, we have busy lives. But we should always have thanksgiving in our hearts for the Lord’s great love and blessings.

The seasons are changing here and the weather is getting colder, the residents joke about not being ready for the snowy weather. The house has been very busy the last couple of weeks. We had our fall benefit for Vision of Hope last weekend October 19th. What a time of thanksgiving. We talked about all the Lord has done and how he has been faithful to Vision of Hope over the last 10 years.  There were testimonies of faithfulness Him, we received provision from to Him keep the ministry going and had such a sweet time of fellowship with others, to share our thanksgiving with them.

I am currently working through my Counselling exams for ACBC certification. It has been a slow process, but a very rewarding one. I am thankful for the people who are walking beside me and providing help and guidance in them. I am very thankful for the opportunities he has put in front of me here to see biblical counselling played out right in front of me and to see the impact the Word of God has on the young women who are here seeking help. Most of all, I am thankful for the Lord’s faithfulness to me, to grow me through this time to look more like the image of Christ. This internship is one of the best, most rewarding, things I have ever done in my life. It has also been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Through this time, God is showing me my need to rely on Him and my weakness. I am learning that one of the most gracious things that the Lord can do is to show us how desperately weak we are so that glory His and power is revealed to us and to those around us. I am learning that I do not have all the answers. I do not know the right things to say and when to say them. I have nothing to offer these women; I have nothing to give as a counsellor. However the Lord in his great love for me, is choosing to use me despite of my weakness and sinful heart.

So as thanksgiving season is around us and I think of all the Lord is doing at Vision of Hope, all he is doing in the lives of these young women, the season of ministry and learning he is bringing me through. I am thankful for my weakness and a gracious God who is right there with me who is not weak but is strong.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
“Rejoice always, Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”


Comments

Popular Posts