Grace in Waiting



January Update 

The Lord has been so gracious with me and has been teaching me so much. One of the thing he is continually teaching me is trusting in his timing. For me to be patient with the Lord, in the midst of my hopes, desires and plans as he in his sovereignty and abounding love for me, knows what I need and when I need it. In my pride I often think that I know what is best for me and what I want and when I want it. I am thankful the Lord doesn’t always give me what I want because he knows best and that he uses my impatience to teach me to trust in him and to surrender my plan for his. 

This process is not always easy and can be painful to learn, through hard things. God for the sake of his glory will put us where he needs us to be to grow more like Christ. My purpose in the waiting is to trust and rely on him. I need to prayerfully be submissive to his will, with thanksgiving and to look for the opportunities he has in front of me in the waiting.  

Isaiah 30:18 - "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" 

I am so thankful that the Lord is so gracious towards me in all that he does. It is so gracious of the Lord to have us wait on him, but the midst of it his presence and love is our comfort and he teaches us and changes us to be more Christlike, which is also his grace.  


Here is a little of what has going on this past month. 

The month of January has gone very slowly, although I it is also hard to believe it has been over a month since I have finished my internship at vision of hope. It has been so nice to return home, back to the snowy cold weather of Canada. It has been a blessing to reconnect with my family and to reconnect with my church family. Since I have been home I have had been thankful to be able to rejoin our ladies ministry and jump in and get involved with our our Tuesday morning group and have even had the opportunities to lead studies. The Lord has richly blessed me with the people he has put around me to encourage me point me to Christ. I am so thankful for the group of ladies that I get to hang out with each Tuesday morning. It is a gift from the Lord to be able to walk into a group and see so many welcoming faces who want to encourage you, greet you with so much love and support. I am excited to be able to continue to grow with this group. 

I have also been blessed to be able to re connect with my College and Career group. The group of girls in that group have been an huge blessing as I have been away and returning. I am thankful that I can be a part of a like minded group where we can encourage one another in the Lord as well as be open and honest about personal struggles. 

I am also very excited as I am ready to start my phase 3 portion of my ACBC process towards becoming a certified biblical counselling. I am thankful for the support of my church through this process. Currently I am just waiting patiently on the lord in his timing to bring along the people he wants to place in my path. 

Psalm 27:14 - "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." 

Comments

Popular Posts